Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter Wonderland

In honor of my sister-in-law's birthday, Matt and Michelle were able to get a great deal on a ski resort in Beaver Creek, CO. They so graciously invited several of us up for a weekend of skiing. The first day was spent skiing in Vail (the neighboring village) and the second day was in Beaver Creek. We had a blast and have the hurting muscles and joints to prove it! I'm slowly gaining ski-confidence and am thankful to Melissa and Matt for their patience! Each day, I inadvertently encountered a "blue" (which from what I hear, is more like a "black" back east.) All I can say is that I made it down without a broken bone! One day, maybe I'll actually go down one voluntarily! Tim also conquered his first "black diamond." In any case, Tim was able to grab a few cool shots from the slopes. Nothing can fully describe how pretty the slopes and villages were, but his pics turned out pretty great! The one pictured above is one of the Aspens (his muse) in fresh snow.






















2 comments:

Amy Clifton said...

So beautiful!!

Cheri said...

Hillary,
The photos are beautiful...