Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snow, School, Skiing, Super Bowl, Shaving, and June?



What you see above are pictures of life as we have known it since we lasst blogged. Snow is a normal part of any week, and yet I still haven't gotten out of work! I am adjusting, but I ache for spring! We actually had unseasonably warm weather this weekend. I would have enjoyed the lovely weather except for the fact that school keeps me in front of a computer and I'm sick!


Though it's only been a month and a half since I last entered details about life in Colorado, it seems a lot has happened! Most exciting and time consuming is that I have finally begun my Master's degree. This is the reason for less frequent postings and emails in general. The program requires lots of reading and lots of writing, but hopefully (as long as credits transfer correctly) I'll be done in December. I vow to be more diligent than I have been with blogging. I really didn't know school would turn getting on the computer into such a chore!


Another exciting thing that has happened since I last blogged, was that we took a trip to Keystone to go skiing! This was my first skiing experience, ever. I had a good friend (thanks, Melissa) who was very patient in teaching me the ins and outs of survival on the slopes. Slopes that peaked at around 10,000 feet (yes, the greens too.) The slope I skied was School Marm, and she was tall, but not steep. To make up for the lack of steepness, she had length (3 plus miles to the bottom!) By the end of a morning in training and a 3-mile run, I enjoyed Bailey's and coffee in a local coffee shop in the ski village. I couldn't walk for the next week!!!! Here's a picture of the slopes and surrounding mountains:



The beginning of February brought about our first Super Bowl party as a married couple. Nothing too crazy, but tons of food. Here are some pics from the gang at the party...Tim is being his usual self in one of these!
















We were all happy with the outcome of the game! I don't think I've met a single Patriot supporter out here!

Ok, so I've covered snow, school, skiing, and the Super Bowl. That leaves shaving and June. Well, just yesterday, we took Rocky to be shaved (groomed) at PetsMart. After many failed attempts at keeping him brushed (which he hates) we decided to start fresh (see below).
















Meredith, you're right. He really does look like Falcor from The Neverending Story!

Finally, JUNE. This is simply put in the blog due to all the new little lives becoming part of this great planet that month! Tim and I will be uncle and aunt (respectively) at the beginning of June for the first time thanks to Matt and Michelle's little boy who will be born. I'm not quite sure what I'll be mid-June when Craig and Carly's little "something" is born. I'll be happy with Hil-po-bro. And, finally, at the end of June, I (and I guess Tim via marriage) will be counsin to the newest generation of Potters thanks to the wonderful bundle Richard and Rebekah will deliver! We are so excited for all of you!

As I said before, I will be better about blogging. Now that I've finally got a handle on the schedule, I should be able to work it in. Hopefully, I'll have more exciting news to share! With Valentine's Day just this week, we send our love and know that we think of all you daily. We miss you!

1 comments:

Carly said...

Holy moly, Rocky is such a big boy now!
And yay for June babies! :)